15 Dec Gray Matter Marketing, 2017 In Review
’Tis the season for reflecting on 2017, and what a year we’ve had! The Gray Matter Marketing Team is so thankful for our participants, volunteers, sponsors, vendors, and staff who made the entire year possible. We couldn’t make the impact we do and pull off these great events without each and every person!
In 2017, the Gray Matter Marketing Team produced a total of 17 events, starting in January with the 2017 Rhode Island Brew Fest and finishing with the Vermont 10 Miler in November. Those events had a total of 24,000 registrants and covered 110+ miles of roadway and bike path. Once those miles were completed, we awarded more than 15,000 medals to deserving runners, walkers, and riders.
We sold out six of this year’s 17 events. Of those sold-out events, two were brand new; the Topsail Realty Mt. Hope Bridge 5K in Bristol, Rhode Island, and the Vermont 10 Miler in Stowe, Vermont. We were thrilled with the reception and support for both of these events and are excited to continue them both in 2018!
Most importantly, through those 17 events we had the opportunity to work with 45 charitable partners, from the Fort Adams Trust to the Georgia Craft Brewers Guild (see below for a full list!). In total, between funds raised by participants and our direct donations, we made a $332,869 -impact on these local non-profits. That’s something we’re most proud of!
We’re looking forward to a short holiday break, and returning to the office in 2018 ready to create another great year of events. If you joined us in 2017, comment below to share what your favorite event was, and why!
Stay tuned to this space for more information on upcoming events, too!
Happy New Year!
Matt, Drew, Jon, Claire and Lisa
The full list of charities we worked with in 2017:
- Rhode Island Brewers Guild
- The Newport Public Education Foundation
- Georgia Craft Brewers Guild
- Stowe Land Trust
- Boys and Girls Club of Newport County
- Fort Adams Trust
- Maine Brewers Guild
- Westville Village Renaissance Alliance
- Bristol Rotary
- Narragansett Historical Society
- Ronald McDonald House Providence
- Aquidneck Land Trust
- Boys Town New England
- Barnstable County Agricultural Society
- Save The Bay
- Honor Mae Meunier Trust Fund
- A Wish Come True
- Newport Gulls
- Ocean State Waves
- Clean Ocean Access
- Looking Upwards
- Women’s Resource Center
- Sail Newport
- Newport County YMCA
- Salvation Army
- Bike Newport
- Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Community Center
- C. Thomas Clagett Memorial Regatta
- Pediatric Hydrocephalus Foundation
- Payton Elizabeth Watson Memorial Foundation
- Fanconi Anemia Research Fund
- Special Olympics Rhode Island
- Jamestown Rotary
- Meeting Street School
- Sail to Prevail
- RI Pulmonary Hypertension Center
- Newport/Fall River Star Kids Scholarship Program
- March of Dimes
- Jamestown Historical Society
- Jamestown Fire Department
- RHS Boosters
- Jamestown Boy Scout Troop 1
- Jamestown Baseball Association